2003 22v Taps guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 22v Taps guage

So I have been working on this issue for the last few years. The Taps gauge does not work, the plate works, but the gauge does not.

It is not the actuator, with the green wires, it only has 2 wire (Black/White) going to the actuator. There is a black box under the helm, and the other day I came across a replacement gauge (GP4494A) from online retailer. The one i removed, is a black face and the online one is white, the sticker on the old one looks to be (GP4434a) the only difference between them is color. Connection post all exactly the same.

After I swapped them the new gauge reads 5-4, old one would read 1 all the time, when powered up and moving the plate up and down.

So basically I think I'm down to the black box being the issue.

Can anyone tell me how to source the box?

Also can anyone tell me what voltage (signal) range the gauge signal wire should be? 0-5v? or ohm reading. I can generate a signal to test just need to know what type and range.

Thanks
    Techna

Any update on what you may have found out? I am dealing with both my analog and TT taps gauge indicate the same thing, but both are wrong and bounce around. Taps still work but I need to fix the problem.

Comment

No update as of yet, trying to find the time to call the factory, to see if they can direct me in the right direction, as my local dealer on got Tige's about 2 years ago and I do not feel they will be very helpful. Also with all my research none of the numbers match up to anything Lenco or Tige put out (over the internet), so I'm not really sure what I have right now

Comment

The Lenco part is 30243-002D.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

Does anyone know if this gauge (GP4494) is the same gauge used for the bennet style taps system? I have a Taps 2 in an '05 22v with a non working gauge... Ohms are correct (230-240) on the 2 green wires going into the taps gauge, taps plate functions now that I replaced the bennet electric hydraulic motor... just no activity on the gauge.

Comment

Do you have a TAPS module. Trace the lines from the relays to see if you have a module and if you do that maybe the issue. It’s about the size of a credit card but thicker. That seems to be my issue but resetting the gauge to work properly and register correct is the big issue. Research my posts and you may find some answers there from folks on here.

Comment

Working...
            X