Help! No power to bilge, blower or head unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! No power to bilge, blower or head unit

I recently purchased 2014 Tige Z3. Had it out on the water twice and on the second trip the stereo stopped working at the end of the day. Didn't think much of it at the time but after I looked into it further I see that there is also no power to the blower or bilge pump as well. I have checked all the fuses on the breaker panel, all the inline fuses under the helm (7) and the two glass fuses at the back of the head unit. TT powers up but wont turn any of these items on. The manual switches under the helm do not work either for bilge or blower. Any suggestions or input before I take it to a mechanic and have to shell out a bunch more money would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by Mr_T; 05-31-2019, 04:36 AM.

OK, I checked the power out from fuse panel to blower and I only have 2.6V. Same for Bilge power out, 2.6V. Also the ballast empty switch lights up when I turn on the bilge switch or the ballast switch. Any have any idea on what may be causing this? I checked power in to the fuse panel and it is 11.96V.

Comment

Pointing out the obvious but are your battery connections tight? Yet if you have 11.9 into fuse panel that wouldn’t make sense.

If you’re going to take it within Vancouver area, performance water sports and certified audio and sound would be my two choices.

Comment

OK, thanks for the recommendations bsreid.

Comment

Also the ballast empty switch lights up when I turn on the bilge switch
          This type of backfeeding, usually indicates a bad ground.

If you measure battery voltage at the input of the fuse box and 2.6 on more then one fused output, then there is an issue with the BUS bar within the fuse box itself. But also make sure those fuses are not blown. Do this with a continuity check
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the reply Mike. Boat is at dealer for service, will update results when repairs are complete.

Comment

Working...
            X