On off on rocker switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On off on rocker switch

Hey guys, I blew half the switch for my nav and anchor lights. My nav lights work, anchor light does not nor does the light for the switch itself. All other lights for the boat and switches work.

In the up position both sets of lights work, in the down, only the anchor light.

2007 Tige 20v, all original.

It appears the switch in question is a Carling V6D1, which is a six pin switch, 4 on the left side and two in the right. Anchor lights are the right side.

When I google that same switch the diagram is for a 4 pin rocker. I can’t seem to find a diagram for the pin version of the switch.

Can anyone help me out?

I ordered that same switch and was surprised to see two less pins.

Thanks for the help!

If anyone wanted to take a stab at how I need to hook the switch up as well, I wouldn’t complain .

Here is the diagram I have found for the replacement:

https://rockerswitchpros.com/wp-cont...D66B_RSP-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the up position both sets of lights work, in the down, only the anchor light.
    Yep, thats how they work. When moving, you need the green/red NAV light on. When you are anchored, you only need to the 360 anchor light on.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Yep, thats how they work. When moving, you need the green/red NAV light on. When you are anchored, you only need to the 360 anchor light on.
      I should have noted, that is how it worked (past tense). Now only the nav lights work.
      It’s the changing of the switch from a 6 pin to 4 pin that I can’t seem to find help with.

Comment

I gotchya!

I use the 7-pin DTDP. Work prefect. Only think is it does not like up when the running lights are on. for that, you need the 8-pin.

With that said, you are saying the anchor light works in the NAV position but not when in the ANCHOR position? So you know the bulb and circuit is good?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I gotchya!

I use the 7-pin DTDP. Work prefect. Only think is it does not like up when the running lights are on. for that, you need the 8-pin.

With that said, you are saying the anchor light works in the NAV position but not when in the ANCHOR position? So you know the bulb and circuit is good?
          Thx chp.

Anchor light does not work at all. New light and new wire as well, long story - it’s what I get for taking the tower off to fit the boat in the garage.

So sounds like 8 Pin is what I need. But coming from a 6pin, it isn’t as easy as just matching up pins from old switch to pins on new switch. Which is where I am challenged.

If I am correct the top of the 4 pin side is ground, bottom of 4 is hot out to nav lights. Top of two pin side is ground for anchor, bottom of 2 pin side is hot to anchor. Two pins in the middle of the 4 side? One is clearly hot coming in from battery, but what about the other? And which is which? It’s a rats nest under there with so little room to see what is going on!

Comment

Ive got the schematic in PDF somewhere on my PC. Off the top of my head, if the anchor light does not work in either position, I do not think its the switch. But I would need to pull up the schematic and refresh my memory on the voltage path.

The only ground to the switch is just for the back lighting in the switch. This ground is not for the anchor or NAV lights.

Comment

Ive got the schematic in PDF somewhere on my PC.

The only ground to the switch is just for the back lighting in the switch. This ground is not for the anchor or NAV lights.
              Thank you!

Maybe I am confused. When I disconnected the wires from the tower, one wire was connected to each of the 2 pin side of the switch. That made me think one was hot and one was ground. Maybe ground isn’t the right term?

Comment

Tige may have wired the anchor light to ground via the switch's light ground, but the switch does not control the ground. Terminals 1-6 control the switched B+ to the NAV and anchor, and 7 & 8 are for the lights within the switch.

Comment

Hey chp, I rigged it. Connected the anchor to the nav line out and grounded it. They do t work independently but I never use the anchors by themselves. It was your comment about the switch/ground that let me figure out a solution.

Comment

Working...
                  X