Tige R21 Wiring Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige R21 Wiring Projects

In a few weeks we are about to receive our new 2019 Tige R21. As first-time wake boat owners we chose Tige based on a lot of research (many thanks TigeOwners.com) and the good feeling with a local dealer.

I have a couple small projects planned when it arrives and could use some help, as I think I have exhausted the forum search.
    I have a lot of experience with wiring race cars, but nothing with stereos (or really boats)....
    Pertaining to my questions, for our build we opted for the R-ICE Power Premium Sound and the Electronic Isolator (Blue Sea?) and dual battery option.

TOWER SPEAKERS
    We had separately purchased a new HTX-2 and pair of ICON-8s very cheap, which I would like to add.
    What gauge wiring comes factory from battery switch to the existing HTX-6? Will I need to pull 1/0? Or will I just add distribution blocks to share the power?
    Is the smartest decision to use a Wetsounds Amp Wiring kit, or are there other options (JL Marine)? I don't mine piecing together the right components instead of buying a kit.
    I believe the TT2 is already setup for speaker zones, is this done through a separate set of RCA outputs? Or an amp control wire, and I must split the RCA? Are either of these existing and terminating in the port locker?
    Given the time would you recommend building an amp rack to clean of the install (Distribution, HTX-6, HTX-2, LL Power) or continue to mount as installed from the factory?

LIQUID LUMENS
    All the communication on the forum has me sold on investing in this package - I love that LL is involved in the discussion.
    We are very excited to extend our boating afternoons/evenings with some underwater light - the boating season is never long enough.
    In one post I found elevatedconcept shared a photo of a tidy installation placing the Power Supply Box together with the amps.
    Can I plan my distribution block layout to accommodate the 8ga required for LL, using a singe 1/0 from the battery? Or must I chase the power directly back to the battery (switch)? (I fear it would be >10')
    Again, I believe the TT2 can control the underwater lights. Do I need to chase a switched wire somewhere? Is there already one that I can relocate?

Thank you in advance for the help. As I work through the project I will try to update the post on my end as reference for future users.

I'd recommend reposting this in the stereo section our resident stereo expect (Chp) checks that often and will have answers to all your questions along with being to hook you up with whatever wiring you need!

Comment

I have not done an audio upgrade to a 2019, so do not take this a gospel. Tige typically homeruns the amps' power and ground, so each amp, has their one cabling. I think they are using 4ga, so not adequate for supporting a 2nd amp. For adding in a 2nd amp, I have no issue following suit. With more then 2 amps, I prefer to lay down a trunk line, branch line setup that supplies all the amp. Much cleaner, not to mention much less clutter at the battery/switch.

The ICE black box does offer 4 zone volume RCA outputs. No, they are no pre-wire to my knowledge. So you would need to run those RCA for the new amp zone.

The boat should have the structure already in place, to accommodate two amps. If you are going with the Liquid Lumens, their power box is ignition protected, to if can be mounted in the engine bay if needed. if you want, you can certainly use the existing amp structure, to mount a larger wall to, to accommodate more amps, etc. You can mount it with standoffs, to create a raceway behind it for concealing cables.

The boat is pre-wired for underwater LEDs, so you just need to locate the output, and route it to the LED turn-on input.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Your 19 should have the new bus bar on your Raptor. If it was me Id either use that or the POS bus behind your batteries and mount the converter back there somewhere too. Theres wire drops in the harness for underwaters in the rear. Should be a 2 wire pair, blue wire and black wire with some butt connectors already crimped on them. You just need to enable the option on the touch screen after everything is inatalled.

Comment

Working...
        X