Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAPS system common issues?

Hello all,
    I have been a member of this forum since 2008, but oddly have never posted! I had gotten rid of my Tige' shortly after joining, but just started looking into buying another Tige. I will not be buying new. Looking for an older, clean, low hour boat, but it's TAPS system doesn't work. Just started and the owner has not yet looked into the issue. His research showed that $500 would replace about everything and that he figured that he would have the shop repair it the next time that he got it serviced.

I was curious, what are common issues that people have experienced with their TAPS systems? This is a 2000 era boat, looks identical to my old 2002. Very clean boat, though! I figured that if it were mine, I'd start by checking the switch, grounds and connections. Could be corrosion, a failed switch or simply a loose ground. But, what is common?

Push the taps button and listen for the motor to run. That will get you started in the right direction. If it doesn't run, go through your list of electrical items. If it does run, check the hydraulics side. It could simply be low on fluid. Those plastic lines can get holes in them easy enough, then fluid can leak out.

Comment

FYI, Depending on the year it could also have a Lenco which is just an electric actuator. They have their own set of issues. Mostly the module goes TU in my experience.

Comment

Working...
      X