LED Lighting / Electrical Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Lighting / Electrical Question

Question for all you electrical guru’s on here. My boat currently has a sea blaze led underwater light as well as the wetsounds speaker rgb led lights. I was wondering if I could purchase the seablaze spectrum led and wire it to the wetsounds rgb controller so my underwater light would be synced to my speaker lights, so when I have them synced to the music they all do the same thing/color. Has anybody done this? If it wont work, what is an underwater rgb led that has this capability?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The sea blaze has a two wire hookup meaning that they have an internal driver so it won’t work hooked to an external light controller. The light controller you have takes a 4 wire input. I’m in the same boat with my RGB Ocean LEDs that I scored.
    I don’t know of anyone that is making a light that has 4 cord coming out of it. Not to say they’re isn’t one, I just haven’t heard of it. All the high quality lights are either gonna have an internal driver or a separate power/inverter box.
    You’d think that somebody would make some sort of adaptor maybe?

Comment

Shadow Caster offers 2 RGB models. They actually worked with Wet Sounds in a joint effort to create a light and controller a couple years ago.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        Shadow Caster offers 2 RGB models. They actually worked with Wet Sounds in a joint effort to create a light and controller a couple years ago.
        Oh really? I'll do some research on that one. Appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

So I did some more hunting and found that westmarine offers one that is rgbw that I can buy with optional controller.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-...16?recordNum=6

Now experts correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't I wire this up to my wetsounds led controller and only use the rgb wires and leave the white unhooked?

Comment

The wet sounds controller is only good for like 120 watts or something like that. You'll need to make sure you stay under that amount with this new light and all your other lights combined. Looks like each one of these runs about 10 watts. Otherwise you would need to purchase their piggyback controller to spread out the wattage.

Comment

There are two basic ways to wire an RGB light. One is most common; Constant B+ and controller triggers the ground for each color. and the other not as common but we still see it and its not as friendly: Constant GND and the controller triggers the B+ to each light.

You will have to find out how that light is wired from someone with intimate knowledge of it.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                There are two basic ways to wire an RGB light. One is most common; Constant B+ and controller triggers the ground for each color. and the other not as common but we still see it and its not as friendly: Constant GND and the controller triggers the B+ to each light.

You will have to find out how that light is wired from someone with intimate knowledge of it.
                From what I can see on their site, it's a five wire hook up. Black, red, green, blue and white. I've emailed and asked them for install instructions. Also thinking of putting it in place of my lumitec seablaze. Dimensionally it appears a little bigger, so no problem there.

Last edited by safety20; 08-22-2018, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Good one to make clear. And useful information with this conversation.
                  "Experience The Power of The Sun at its Finest" More about the francais author

Comment

Solar Lights And More on Solar Equipment

Well, I want to know about the solar lights and lanterns which can be used to build a hut or a boat. Planning make project on this. Please someone help me with this. I am not much boon on it but, have no much knowledge. Roamed on few sites like amazon, walmart, magesolar and more. Couldnt notice any equipment which I am looking for. Pls reply with your useful information as soon as possible.
                    "Experience The Power of The Sun at its Finest" More about the francais author

Comment

Working...
                    X