Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cable not connected on the port side of engine block???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cable not connected on the port side of engine block???

What is this?? It looks like I should reattach

IMG-9234.jpg
    IMG-9233.jpg
    2009 RZ2, factory ballast, 260 hours

I would think so too. I see a similar cable above and to the right of the one you are questioning. Looks to be labeled "100". Where does that go, to and from? Might help you figure out where this one goes.

Comment

With the 100a inline and the wire guage it's probably coming from the B+ at the alternator. If you aren't having starting and charging issues it means that B+ at alternator has been wired to an isolator or switch somewhere else. If you have been experiencing charging issues then stack that guy onto the B+ starter post.

Comment

I don’t think I am having charging issues, however the boat is wired for dual batteries and i have power when the disconnect is set on “1” and “1&2”...I do not have power when the disconnect is on “2”.

Do I understand that the cable is likely a +charging cable coming from the alternator that is meant for the second battery?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
          With the 100a inline and the wire guage it's probably coming from the B+ at the alternator. If you aren't having starting and charging issues it means that B+ at alternator has been wired to an isolator or switch somewhere else. If you have been experiencing charging issues then stack that guy onto the B+ starter post.
          This is my thoughts as well. Engine manufacturer ships the engine pre-wired for a more conventional setup and Tige did there own setup, routing a new alternator wire to the combiner.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by Powerlock25 View Post
            I don’t think I am having charging issues, however the boat is wired for dual batteries and i have power when the disconnect is set on “1” and “1&2”...I do not have power when the disconnect is on “2”.

Do I understand that the cable is likely a +charging cable coming from the alternator that is meant for the second battery?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Negative. I believe that this cable is from original build by PCM and Tige changed it to how they wanted it when they built it. Most charging systems the B+ at the alternator runs down and stacks to B+ at starter.
            I would bet if you look closely around your alternator you will find the other end of this disconnected wire buried in the harness. Probably doubled back on itself and ziptied inside of the split loom. If you look at the B+ post of alternator and the wire connected to it and follow that wire it will run to either an isolator or a switch.
            Last edited by freeheel4life; 07-31-2018, 09:45 PM.

Comment

ill take a look and throw a 12v test light on that for fun. Thanks guys!

Comment

I bet its the original wire, it blew for some reason, the second wire replaced the original and they didn't take the time to remove the original.
                Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                X