Wetsounds SD-2 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wetsounds SD-2 issues

So I'm pretty sure I know one of my SD-2 sub amps has **** the bed but I figured I'd ask and see if anybody has any similar experience and how wetsounds is with repairing and cost. Anyways, last few times out I've noticed only one of my sub amps was working and just got around to looking into it today. Found the 4x30 amps all blown so I replaced them. After putting new ones in, the amp light started flashing continuously. Figured it was just doing that since it had been without power. Went ahead and hooked it up to the sub and turned the key on. Immediately upon the amp powering up, the sub made kind of a fuzzy popping sound and shut off. Checked the fuses, they're all good and now the amp won't power up. Went ahead and hooked my other amp up to the sub to make sure it wasn't fubar, and all is well. I can smell that nice burnt electrical smell from the amp that doesn't work, so we're going to go ahead and get a call in to wetsounds and get it sent in for a check up. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar and what the outcome was.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

If the amp was purchased new from an authorized Wet Sounds dealer, it has a 2 year warranty. Water intrusion is typically one thing thats excluded. It is usually seen as white'ish residue left on the PCB.

About the only thing external of the amp, that will blow those fuses, is crossing the power cables. So in most cases, blown fuses indicate an internal amp issue. If the amp will not power up with no speaker or RCA connected but has proper voltage on the power and turn-on leads, there is an internal amp.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

That’s what i was figuring. No power with the speaker disconnected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Another question I have, would it hurt the one sd2 I have left to run two of the revo12 xxx? I have two and they're wired to run at four ohms obviously. Would it hurt to run them both of one SD-2 on the bridged channel till I can get my other amp repaired?

Comment

You could rewire both to present an 8" load at the amp. Thats the only safe load you can come to. This would only 400W rms to each woofer.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Well 400w to each one doesn't sound like much fun, lol.

Comment

Working...
            X