Amp/Capacitor/Battery Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amp/Capacitor/Battery Issue

Thank you in advance for any words of wisdom you can give me... I am not great with electrical stuff so bear with me.

So I have owned my Tige for about two years now, its a 2005 20V Riders Edition. As I am not the original owners I don't know what was done to boat in the past. So we have had weird issues with the stereo ever since we had to replace the our batteries at Lake Powell. When we hooked the new batteries up everything seemed great until this buzzing sound started coming from the capacitor. We finally unhooked everything and hooked it up and everything seemed to work fine. No worries. No other issues. Mash cut to this year, and its doing the same thing... The capacitor makes a buzzing noise for 25-30 minutes almost every time we take the boat out. Today I noticed that the amp that its hooked to, that powers the tower speakers isn't working either. The amp (wetsounds syn2) typically has a blue light when running, now it has a green light. I checked the owners manual and there is no fault light for a green light. The other amp (wetsounds syn4) we have, that isn't hooked up to capacitor is running like a champ. Oh, we also replaced both batteries again today, because they were completely drained --- its been almost 1 year since we replaced the last set.

This leads me to think it has something to do with the capacitor. Any thoughts? Do I even need the capacitor to run the tower speakers? It seems a little excessive.

Any help would be appreciated.

Take the capacitor out.

Comment

IMO, CAPs in boats tend to be a liability, more then benefit. So, I would carefully remove it.

A solid green light would indicate that the amp's processor is not seeing an issue. Now, this does not mean there in not an issue with in the amp, just not one that the processor recognizes.

Once the CAP is removed and wiring is reconfigured to account for the CAPs absence, I would take a volt meter to both amps and test battery voltage there. I would also look into how the audio is wired into the batteries and switch. There could be room for improvements there as well.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
      X