Triducer knocked out my engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triducer knocked out my engine

A little bit of help with this one guys. I have a 2010 rz4 with the 5.7 pcm. I was replacing the triducer this morning when I somehow shorted out the boat. The red and black wires touched, speakers popped. I have power to the tige touch, the gauges all work, all my accessories work, but when I turn the ignition all the way to start the boat everything shuts off. Also the buzzer does not beep twice when you turn the key anymore. Any idea what my problem is? I'm guessing I fried the ECM. Thanks for any help on this topic..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Check the fuse on the purple wire at the ignition key. I bet its blown.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Already checked all those under dash. Getting power to the purple ,red.

Comment

The triducer plug has 5 wires going straight into a round multi pin harness which then goes straight into the ecm. The two wires that touched are a purple and black.

Comment

Did you check the fuses on the engine? Looking back at the harness drawing, the power to the triducer comes back from the engine and not the dash. So if the fuses are good at the engine, I am leaning towards the ecm being the issue.
          Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yes sir, the small box with 3 relays and 4 fuses... all have 12.8 volts

Comment

Could you send me the wire diagram? I couldn't find anything online for this boat.

Comment

Originally posted by josh.lewis.338211 View Post
                Could you send me the wire diagram? I couldn't find anything online for this boat.

My drawing won't help since it is the boat side. The wire literally goes from the triducer plug to the 20 pin connector. I don't have information on where it goes from there. That would the on PCM to supply that drawing.

With the triducer unplugged you still have the same non start/power issue that doesn't show house voltage on your screen?
                Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yes I tried that, something definitely shorted out. I found a place that will check my ecm and repair it for 200 bucks. Hopefully this is the problem.

Comment

Update: just got the boat back from the dealer. The safety switch had to be rewired. Ecm also had to be repaired. Back in the water in the morning! Thanks for all the help...

Comment

Originally posted by josh.lewis.338211 View Post
                      Update: just got the boat back from the dealer. The safety switch had to be rewired. Ecm also had to be repaired. Back in the water in the morning! Thanks for all the help...

Do you know if your dealer sent your ECM back to PCM for the repair or was it someone else??

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                        Do you know if your dealer sent your ECM back to PCM for the repair or was it someone else??
                        I sent it out to a place called g7computers.com
                        They fixed it for 175 bucks! Highly recommend them ...

Comment

Working...
                        X