Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 r20 depth gauge

im a new owner of this used 2016 r20.

can someone help me trouble shoot getting the depth and temp sensor working?

where is he transducer located?

thanks in advanced!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Start the engine and it should change

Comment

thnx, ive been on the water several times in the past month, theres no change on the display in or out of water, or with the engine on or not.

Comment

The triducer is located next to the trans, it goes thru the hull.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Adding a question:

Is there a way on the TT2 to make the depth warning audible or louder?

Our old I/O was set to scream at us but the R20 seems to show just the warning box in the upper left corner.

Thx,

TF

Comment

Bump.

Comment

at this point Im 99% sure that there isnt a sensor installed in my r20 thats why its not reading anything

Comment

So it's the triducer. If you look under the boat it's a little black smooth plastic circle. If you open your floor then you will see it next to the v drive mounted thru the hull. I have seen a boat or two now where the harness plug didnt get pinned correctly and it simply needs depinned and re arranged. Will put a drawing together tomorrow and post back.

Comment

Alright, going to try and keep it simple...follow the triducer wire and you will find a 6 pin plug most likely bundled with some other plugs attached to the back of the rear seat.

The boat side plug has some small letters in the plastic
                  Pin A White
                  Pin B Blue
                  Pin C Black
                  Pin D Purple
                  Pin E Green
                  Pin F Blank/nothing/no wire

Triducer plug has letters as well
                  Pin A Blue
                  Pin B White
                  Pin C Black
                  Pind D purple
                  E and F are both blank.

Im betting the Blue and White wires on the transducer need flip flopped at the plug.

Comment

I have 2018 R21 with he same problem. I had the triducer replaced under warranty at he end of last year. I had not put it in the water until last Saturday. Still not water temp or depth. the depth reads 0 and the temp reads -20. I check the plug wiring to what was giving in the last post and found that The boat side plug is wire like it is shown above.

The boat side plug Diagram
                    Pin A White
                    Pin B Blue
                    Pin C Black
                    Pin D Purple
                    Pin E Green
                    Pin F Blank/nothing/no wire

But the Triducer plug is not wire as shown above. it is wired like this.
                    Pin A is Blank
                    Pin B White
                    Pin C Purple
                    Pin D Blue
                    Pin E Black
                    and F is blank.

Did they change the wiring or is it wired wrong?

Comment

Depin the plug on the triducer side and repin it like I posted above and plug it back in and go to the lake. I bet it works. Even on the trailer you should see a few degrees below ambient air temp if fixed(key on engine off) Or should at least display something besides -20.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/18PCS-Car...RoCAqkQAvD_BwE

^^one of these are handy. I got mine on Amazon for about the same price. Pretty sure you can also depin that plug with very small flathead and a seal pick if you are desperate.

PS As a tech I just swapped a triducer thinking that was the fix for this same problem. Had to look at a working boat to figure out the triducer plug was mixed up. Everyone has a bad day now and then, they arent built bu robots. Also, I keep referencing it as triducer by habit. Its actually a biducer. My bad
                      Last edited by freeheel4life; 05-08-2019, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Thank you very much. I had to repin 3 of the 4 wires on the biducer as per your direction. Now it is working. Thanks again.

Comment

freeheel4life, i am having a similar problem with my 2013 Z3. the paddle wheel is working, but the screen is showing 0.0 depth and 32.0 degrees water temperature. could it be swapped wires?

Comment

Is boat new to you?? Did it work in the past??

Comment

The boat is new to me. I have only put a few hours on it. I'm not sure if it worked in the past. the transducer date says it was manufactured in 2016, so someone's been there before.

Comment

Working...
                              X