Limp Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limp Mode

Hey guys. I've done some searching on the site but want to verify something before troubleshooting. I'm getting no alarm, and boat shifts into forward (or reverse) but throttles up no farther than 500 rpms or so...SOMETIMES. Is this considered Limp Mode? I'll be checking the potentiometer if so. Throttle does have a little looseness in it.

Thanks for any help!

Guaranteed its the potentiometer, my 07 did exactly what your stating yours is doing and it will get worse. $100 part and your back up and running. Those models were fly by wire as they called them and won't throttle up without that potentiometer telling the ecm to.

Comment

Thanks JLG!

Comment

"Review the attached print. Note the throttle control module connector A. Using a digital voltmeter with the engine at idle measure voltage between G(white) and J(black). Reading should be 5.0V. Then measure between F(blue) and J(black). Reading should be .95-1.0V. Measure from the back side of the connector as it must be plugged into the TAC module. If the second reading is out of range, the potentiometer on the throttle apparatus must be adjusted slightly"
        IMG_2779 updated.jpg
        Don't knock my amazing ms paint skillz
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
        X