Depth Gauge not Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depth Gauge not Reading

I have a 2008 22ve and my depth gauge is stuck at displaying 3.3 feet. Does anyone know how to fix this or if there is a reset to the system?

Thank you in advance.

Jerry

Does your water temp and speed work on the gauges?
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Most likely a bad or dirty transducer. It is usually a black hockey puck looking item on the bottom of the boat near your water intake.

Comment

His would be a triducer. If he doesn't see speed or water temp, it could be a connection issue. If he sees both speed and water temp, connection is good, signal is going to CAN and ECM which means the depth portion of the triducer is bad. Unfortunately it requires a new unit.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

I can see speed and temperature

Jerry

Comment

Sounds like the depth portion of the triducer is bad. Unfortunately the entire unit has to be replaced.

The only other possible item is that the depth finder portion of the triducer isn't level with the hull. I doubt that's the case because you would see other values besides 3.3 feet but it is something to double check.
            Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
              Sounds like the depth portion of the triducer is bad. Unfortunately the entire unit has to be replaced.

The only other possible item is that the depth finder portion of the triducer isn't level with the hull. I doubt that's the case because you would see other values besides 3.3 feet but it is something to double check.
              Is the triducer the item that the paddlewheel is attached to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ajramos05 View Post
                Is the triducer the item that the paddlewheel is attached to?

That is correct.
                Oh Yeah!

Comment

How can I find out the model I need?

Jerry

Comment

triducer

How can I find out the model I need?

Jerry
                    There will be a number on a tag close to the triducer. I found mine by saving a search on ebay, and it eventually came up on there. Took about 3 months, but someone decided to sell one eventually. I bought it and it fixed my problem. I had no depth or water temp, but didn't care enough to buy one from a dealer. Airmar will not sell direct.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      There will be a number on a tag close to the triducer. I found mine by saving a search on ebay, and it eventually came up on there. Took about 3 months, but someone decided to sell one eventually. I bought it and it fixed my problem. I had no depth or water temp, but didn't care enough to buy one from a dealer. Airmar will not sell direct.
                      Bummer that they will not sell direct

Comment

Yes sir... 300 for the part from airmar, tige makes 200, then another 200 for the dealer... and shipping from michigan to texas, then to your dealer... probably a $800 all in... good thing we love our boats...

Btw, same part with different cable end and programming can be had for a bass boat for 225... but I hate fishing... it has the same part number but a different model. I tried to make it work (built a jumper cable from the standard nema cable to the proprietary one to try it so I could return if it didnt work, as airmar wasnt sure) but it did not... so back to amazon it went. I didnt care enough ($800 worth) about water temp and depth as i can feel if it is cold, and have my navionics, so i decided to not fix it and got lucky on ebay...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

And by the way I have no problem with the dealers, and will gladly pay the upcharge when there is support, but no one could tell me if it would even solve my problem... and I know to buy and sell, receive and ship, no one is making much on it... it just is unfortunate...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

does anyone know where the depth gauge is mounted on a 2016 r20? i need to trouble shoot mine

Comment

Should be thru hull mounted near the V drive. Just fyi, they don't work unless key is in ignition position, so if you are sitting with engine off key off but screen on you wont get readings...

Comment

Working...
                              X