Ecu problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecu problem

Hi, I have a 2004 20v and I’m after replacing starter as it was sounding progressively weak. Can’t get engine to fire and have no power coming past the ecu. Would appreciate any advice ?

What engine?
    You have power at the starter?
    Can you see crank request power at the starter solinoid? Is the engine cranking?
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yes engine is cranking
      No spark from plugs
      5.7 pcm

Comment

Not many sensors will cause a no spark condition, but a crank position sensor will....

Comment

^this. I bet you knocked the crank sensor plug off or you pinched a wire. It's located right behind the starter.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
            ^this. I bet you knocked the crank sensor plug off or you pinched a wire. It's located right behind the starter.

Would the engine still “crank” if the sensor or wire were damaged. It is turning over or cranking but not firing.

Sorry if theses seem like stupid questions. I’m just getting to know this boat. I knew the last one like the back of me hand and hopefully it I will be the same with my tige ,soon enough.

Comment

It would still crank. As it’s turning over the ecm is looking for a signal so it can start getting the timing figured out. In your case it’s not seeing that signal so it cant figure out the timing and therefore won’t allow spark. This should be pretty easy to diagnose with a scan. Or just remove the starter and take a look at that sensor. Bet you will see something happened to it.

Comment

Pretty sure crank sensor is just behind harmonic balancer on port side on his PCM...but I don't know for sure, again they all start to blend together.

Comment

Cheers lads all very helpful.

Comment

Working...
                  X