Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirm my battery connections, having a old guy moment...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirm my battery connections, having a old guy moment...

I unhooked my batteries more than once last year without issue, however for some reason, hooking them back up yesterday just didn't feel right...

'17 Z3 -- starting battery gets the starting positive and starting negative, those were labeled and easy, as well as the brown/white from the auto bilge going to the positive. That leaves the main bus bar positive, as well as primary (held on by nut) and secondary (post) grounds (labeled that way), all going to the maintenance. Is that right?

You are missing the ground wire (on the nut) that goes from cranking battery to the ground bus bar.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

That could be it, so there should be two grounds on the cranking battery?

Comment

Yes sir. One goes directly to engine, other to the ground bus bar. Its how the house system shares the ground with the engine.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

Ok, think I have it sorted now:

Maintenance battery negative -- secondary ground on the post, amp ground under the nut
          Maintenance battery positive -- secondary positive under the nut

Starting battery negative -- primary ground and starting battery to bus bar under the nut
          Starting battery positive -- starting battery to switch and auto-bilge under the nut

Do I have it right now?

Comment

I believe you have it perfect now.
            Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thanks, and this time, I have pictures for posterity...

Comment

Would this be the same for a 2012 Z3? Pretty sure my start and house are standard factory setup. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X