Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of the switch panels are working

Hello,

I recently purchased a 2007 20v and it's running great! Before the purchase, the original owner took it in for service. They replaced the batteries, fuel lines, etc.

Long story short, when I get it home and in the water none of the switch panels are working (but they were before the service). It doesn't appear to be any issues with the fuses, but was curious if anyone had any ideas on where to start to trace this down?

What is working:
    - Taps
    - Horn

Not working
    - Bilge, Blower, Lights, etc (switch panel)
    - Speed control

Any help on this would be awesome. Worried about not being able to use the bilge

Look for a wire that might not be hooked up to one of the batteries.

Comment

Yeah, so originally some of the switches were not working + the horn and the taps.

When we took it to the marina, they found that there was a wire that was *not* hooked up - as you mentioned. After replacing that, they found that the breaker was bad and replaced it. The horn + the taps worked, but because it was out of the water could not test the other switches.

So all wires are connected (from what I can see), any other ideas?

Thank you!

Comment

Totally different boat however I had this exact same problem on my R20. It turned out to be that a small breaker near the battery had been tripped when the battery was replaced. Was a tiny one with a swing out arm and was difficult to get to however someone on the forums suggested it might be this, I went hunting, closed the breaker and all was well.

Comment

I cant remember if the 20V had it, but the Ve and Rz boats did, but under the helm was a black breaker box with 2 white toggle switches. these switches disconnected each row of breaker from the main BUS Supply. Make sure both toggles are flipped up if the box is there.

Id also check the house battery level with a volt meter. Very common for them to be low/dead.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

chpthril is correct. There is a circuit breaker panel under the dash above the sub. Be sure both breakers are flipped upwards. This would wipe out your switches. The only other item, if the switches have power to them, is the shared ground on the switch panel is broken/loose.
            Oh Yeah!

Comment

Ok, everything appears to be back up and running. The breaker switches were up, but I switched them down and then back up and everything appeared to kick back in. Thanks for everyone's help!

Comment

Working...
              X