Shorted out!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shorted out!!!!!

Help, I have a '99 21V riders ed. I was running the engine (10min.), shut it off. Went to snug up the knock sensor (near the starter) and my wrench touched the starter and sparked for a second. Tried to turn it over but everything is dead. Even reset the breaker @ the top of the engine but nothing! Have yet to take a volt meter to everything but was wondering what experience anybody has had and what to look out for. BTW I did check all the fuses under the dash and all the resets on the dash have been pushed. Also the battery is new. I read somewhere on this thread that there might be a reset near the starter but I did not find one. Any suggestions?? thanks.....
    Love your little ones!

You have a 90 amp fuse mounted on the starter that blew.

Comment

Thanks Lee

Yep, I haven't tested it yet w/a volt meter, but from your response and some other contacts of mine, they came up w/the same answer. So after work this evening I'm going to pick up a replacement 90a fuse. I will post my results. Thanks again.....
      Love your little ones!

Comment

That's it!

The inline fuse at the starter was it. After replacing it, everything is fine!!!!
        Love your little ones!

Comment

Good deal. Expensive little fuse.

Comment

Originally posted by lee
            Good deal. Expensive little fuse.
            How much and where can you find them (besides at your dealership)?
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

fuse

You can get it from Mercury Marine. When I picked mine up from my authorized Tige dealer, I think the wrapper said QuickSilver. Its around $20 bucks. I did a search for: "90A inline fuse boat" and came up w/some sites that had the part no. and picture of it. Hope that helps.
              Love your little ones!

Comment

It does. It sounds like some good insurance to have on the water! I like to keep a few spare fuses around just in case.
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
                X