Installation of Perfect Pass on a 22V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation of Perfect Pass on a 22V

I just had WakeBoard Pro Perfect Pass installed on my 2004 22V. The service place I took it to specializes in Inboards although not a Tige dealer. They installed the Tige specific guage by replacing the tachometer on the dashboard. The speedometer next to it has the speedometer portion inoperative (although depth finder works fine). By taking out the tachometer I loose the engine hour meter as well. According to Tige, though, engine hours are also maintained by the ECM of the engine (I have the 335 5.7 Tige). I figured it was better to have the working depth finder rather than the hour meter on the dash. Would like to know if this installation makes sense? Also, how difficult is it to get the engine hours out of the ECM?

thanks
    Eastern Shore Wake

You should be able to read the hours off Perfect Pass in one of the sub munues.

Comment

Originally posted by lee
      You should be able to read the hours off Perfect Pass in one of the sub munues.
      But I think it only keeps track of the hours from the point at which you at Perfect Pass installed, at least that's the way it works on my boat.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

The installing dealer can enter to correct hours when the unit is powered up for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by lee
          The installing dealer can enter to correct hours when the unit is powered up for the first time.
          Can you do this after the fact?
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Nope

Comment

When I did the install on my 2005 22v I kept the tach and speedo and put the perfect pass head on the 4"X8" panel to the right of the steering wheel where there was a stereo remote mounted, it is where the ballast switches are. I bought a 2 1/2" round remote and mounted it to the right of the TAPS gauge. I preferred this install so that everything stayed and my original speedo works, the tach is still there, and I essentially have a back-up speedo.

Comment

Thank you all for your responses. Looks like my service shop did put the engine miles in when they installed so I do have the total engine hours. Mtnsmith, thanks for your input. I kind of like the guage up at the top so am fine with where they put it. Am going to ask, though, if they can get the speedo working again. Not a big deal but annoying that it doesn't work and that way, as you noted, would have a back-up speedo.
                Thanks!!!!!

Eastern Shore Wake

Comment

Working...
                X