Touch2 Goes Haywire and Becomes Unresponsive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touch2 Goes Haywire and Becomes Unresponsive

Second weekend with the new to us 2015 RZR. After about 20-30 minutes on the water, the Touch2 starts flashing, changing screens, and even adjusting TAPS and ballast on its own. Once it does this, it becomes unresponsive to touch, and we had to shut down power at the main switch to get control back. Is this a sign that it needs a software update?
    Here is a pic of the current version:
    TIGE OS 9-25-17.jpg

Mine did the same thing. I was told it was heat related and an update was needed. Installed the update and still having the same issue. Heat and direct sunlight seemed to have some effect on it glitching out. If I kept a wet towel over it throughout the day the glitching was less but still there. My dealer has a new screen waiting at the shop to install.

Comment

i believe that is the current software. Have you talked to your dealership? Did you transfer the warranty?

Comment

Screen needs to be replaced.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

I just got the latest software from Tige for my 2015 Z3 and it is the same version as yours.

Comment

Mine does the same. Not related to heat, sun or anything else. Bit of a pain in the butt. Will get new screen this winter I hope

Comment

Ours acts similarly and Tige told me to request replacement screen from dealer. Our suspicions were that it was moisture related. Seemed to act normal if we left boat uncovered when coming in for the day and the covering later in the evening.

Comment

Comment

All fixed up...Ready to go for summer 2018. My dealer worked with Tige to get the screeen replaced under warranty. I had to pay @ $200 in labor costs, but to have the touch2 replaced and ready for a great summer next year; I am completely happy. Thanks to Tige and our dealer.

Comment

I am currently trying to replace my screen for all the aforementioned reasons. Anyone have any tips for getting the screws holding the screen in place out? I went out and bought a short stubby screwdriver but I can’t even get that into position....there is no room in there!
                    Damian (Albuquerque, New Mexico)
                    2015 Tige Z1 +Taps3

Comment

Working...
                    X