Tower Light 08 RZ2 from Factory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower Light 08 RZ2 from Factory

When I bought the boat the front and rear tower light would light up in either switch position.
    I had to remove all the wiring in my tower to get some welding done. When doing this I found another wire for the tower light. I also found that both front and rear light were wired together. So a this point that would make sense why they were coming on together.
    I start looking at the wiring and found a blue wire that was broke. That was the same extra wire I found in the in the the tower. (Wiring being blue for power) Why is the power wire blue???
    Anyway so I get that connected to where it was broke and there is a label that states tower light, so I think this is going to be easy.....Well no. I get it connect and reconnect the light ends now being two wires. So I flip the light switch to forward, fined the wire that get them on. Then I switch the light to the rear connect that light. At this point I figure we are in a back to factory setting.
    I flip the switch to forward all lights come, flip it to rear light same thing.
    So I pull the dash panel, I notice which I believe to be 7 pin switch. At this point I don't know how it should be wired.

Thoughts
    1 a pwr all time
    Ground
    pwr to light the switch when in on position.
    1 wire going to front lights
    1 wire going to rear lights

How should the be wired and how do I go about figuring it out?

Thanks

Sam
    15 Escalade ESV-Black
    08 RZ2-Blue

Are you talking about your white anchor/stern light?? If so then you are fine. Light should come on in both positions. Nav lights and anchor should both be on in one switch position . Just anchor in the other. Also, most times blue wire are for lights. Believe there's some kind of marine wire color code standard as many boats run purple Ign wires. Yellow with red stipe starter . Blue for lights. Brown for bilge, yellow for blower. Never found an actual chart but these colors are same thru many boats.
    Last edited by freeheel4life; 08-19-2017, 06:06 PM.

Comment

The lights I'm talking about are actual lights on a light bar next to my speakers.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
      15 Escalade ESV-Black
      08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Working...
      X