Help with starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with starter

I have a 03 22v with MerCrusier 350 mag mpi...

I believe the starter is part# 50-863007A1

If this is not which on is, and what about using a aftermarket one?

My plan is to replace, and have the old one serviced as a spare, or put the serviced one back in and have a spare, for the future weekends of boat troubles.

Mercruiser #50-863007A1 is correct for the block mounted unit but if you have the top mount or rear mount it is #50-808011A05. The two are not interchangeable unless you remove the flywheel and change the position of the ring gear. I would advise against the cheap aftermarket units because they use circlip nose gear retainers. If the clip breaks it shoots the nose gear off and into the bell housing and your boating time is done until the unit gets replaced again.
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Question. My 09 22 ve motor went completely dead while idling on the lake. Everything else still working. Did I blow a fuse that I can't seem to locate?

Comment

Dead as in nothing works at all? No lights, starter, stereo, dash stays dead when you turn on the key?

Comment

Originally posted by dj2 View Post
          Dead as in nothing works at all? No lights, starter, stereo, dash stays dead when you turn on the key?
          Everything works. Engine died and won't turn over at all now.

Comment

Unfortunately it sounds like the starter solenoid. You can attempt to jump the starter to get you home, but this can be dangerous due to fuel vapor in the engine compartment

Comment

Originally posted by jhinschberger View Post
              Everything works. Engine died and won't turn over at all now.
              You can check the fuses in the engine compartment under the plastic "tige/vortec, 340HP" cover....small black box with fuses labeled. Philips head screwdriver to open. Just behind the bolt on the rounded side.

tige2.jpg

Comment

Techna22v, I have the same motor and I put this starter in mine last year. 100 hours or so and still going strong.

https://www.dbelectrical.com/product...lvo-penta.html

Comment

Thanks Everyone new starter will be here this thur or fri... hopefully will be on the water sun as I have work sat...

Comment

Working...
                  X