Clicking sound from switch when charging batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clicking sound from switch when charging batteries

I hear a click every few seconds or so when charging my batteries and it sounds like it is coming from the on off red switch. It's not coming from the battery charger and batteries are showing up as charging and healthy. Should I be concerned? Never noticed this before.

Sounds like an ACR/VSR type device cycling open/closed. But I though the 13's still used a diode.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Pretty sure it has a pro iso unit.
      It would be mounted to transom behind batteries, has a tinted plastic cover piece over terminals....if that's what you have.. If you lay flat in the locker with you feet towards bow and looking up and in you will probably see a blue light clicking on and off with the clicking sound for either batt 1 or batt 2
      Just my guess tho.
      Those pro isolator units are more headache than it's worth, leave it in for weight and get a blue sea acr from Mike!!

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys. So this is normal? How does it detect my batteries being charged if on the off position? Should I be concerned?

Comment

After reading again I am wondering, do you have a dual bank charger mounted to battery access plastic piece?? When you said charging I imagined a run condition, but sounds more like charging on 120AC. Probably charger in float mode. Charger knows when batteries have reached capacity and goes into "float" mode so it doesn't continually charge batteries and boil the acid and water solution. Worth keeping looking into. But if you had a pro iso it wouldn't do anything until purple IGN gives it some 12v from the helm. Sounds like charging in the garage ya??

Comment

I have also seen were the acr/vsr is wired to the battery side of the switch, so its active while shore charging. It should be wired to the boat side of the switch so its isolated during charging.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
            X