Taps 2 Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taps 2 Switch

My taps was working great until a couple days ago on my 2008 RZ2. Taps will come down, from 8-1, but won't go up, 1-8. I could hear the pump kick in for the down part but nothing for the up part. By chance I tapped the throttle near the switch and it would work but since has stopped. Opened up the throttle lever and found many points in the 3 wires that the covering had worn thru and even where the blue wire was completely ripped in two. Under my dash their is extra wire zip tied so I pulled more wire thru the throttle lever to get rid of the damaged section and cut off the switch. While heating up the solder to remove the old damaged wires I must have cooked the switch. It doesn't click anymore when pushing the button. Currently my taps plate looks basically in line with the bottom of the hull, Iike an extension of it not pointed up towards the swim platform. Where can I get a switch?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a Carling Tech switch and the part/style number is likely printed on the body. Google carling switch and the numbers and you will likely find them.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Its a Carling Tech switch and the part/style number is likely printed on the body. Google carling switch and the numbers and you will likely find them.
      Will do. Trouble is I can't make out the numbers but will definitely look into.

Comment

try carling's web site. May be able to match it based on size, operation and number of terminals. Its a double throw momentary.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          try carling's web site. May be able to match it based on size, operation and number of terminals. Its a double throw momentary.
          Will do.

Comment

Any luck finding a switch? Looks like I have the same switch on my 2006 24ve that also needs replaced I cant make out the numbers on it either

Comment

What number and letters can be made out?

Comment

These do not have the red button, but I believe would be a good replacement for you. Look at part #7500011 - the last part on this page

https://www.delcity.net/store/Non!il...88765.h_788773

If for some reason this link doesn't take you to the DPDT tab on the mini rocker switch page, just search for the part #7500011.
                "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

It is a Carling 652 series (from the number on the body in the photo). Here is the webpage for that series:

http://www.carlingtech.com/rocker-sw...651/652-series

A quick check at DigiKey and Mouser reveals neither one stocks the 652 series. You don't list your home state, so I picked California because it has a huge electronics industry. Here are the Carling distributors in CA:

http://www.carlingtech.com/findarep?location=243

At the top of that list are "Bridge Marketing" and "Signal Enterprises", their two sales reps for the CA area. If you can't find the switch after trying a couple of the distributors on the list, call one of their sales reps... it's what they're there for. Not usually to help someone find quantity one of a single part, but generally they're really nice and helpful. In fact, for "onesies" I've often had them just send me a sample for free - the paperwork isn't worth it!

Hope this helps... report back!

Edit: It's most likely a Carling 652 882, meaning "gloss finish with 0.187 solder tabs and a MOM-OFF-MOM configuration". I'm deriving this from the blurry photo in combination with the formal spec sheet, which can be found here:

http://www.carlingtech.com/sites/def...ls_%26_COS.pdf
                  Last edited by IDBoating; 07-27-2017, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Did it get confirmed it is the 652 882 part number? And how did you pull the wire through the throttle lever? I have a 2011 RZ2 and found the chafing of the blue wire on mine. Were you able to pull enough wire through or did you replace the whole wiring run?

Comment

Working...
                    X