Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noco battery charger installation location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noco battery charger installation location?

I just picked up a noco gen 2 20 amp battery charger.

I have a 2004 22v with dual batteries in the back of the stern behind each locker.

Anyone have a suggestion for a good spot to mount it from?

I was thinking the transom wall, but I'm nervous I'll drill through it. Any thoughts on the inside wall of the engine compartments opposite the side lockers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you epoxy a board to the transom, you dont want to mount the charger to transom, you will likely screw threw to the other side. A popular spot is on the back side of the access doors, providing the cables will reach both batteries. IIRC, its common to have a battery on each side of the engine bay.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I mounted mine to the inside of one of the baffles. It is in the engine compartment. It has lived there happily for several seasons. I am a huge fan of the NOCO products.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
        I mounted mine to the inside of one of the baffles. It is in the engine compartment. It has lived there happily for several seasons. I am a huge fan of the NOCO products.
        Baffle?

Comment

Originally posted by hilljroberts View Post
          Baffle?

The internal supports made of whatever that plastic wood is. I tried to find a picture but failed. I'll snag a new picture for you tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
            The internal supports made of whatever that plastic wood is. I tried to find a picture but failed. I'll snag a new picture for you tonight.
            I'm baffled... ba dum dum.... no I think get it. The supports to the engine-locker dividers that are in the front of the engine compartment. Right?

Comment

Just keep it from being submerged and you'll be fine. Some splashing should be fine.

Comment

Perfect.... Yeah my 2004 looks a little different, but same idea, I ended up mounting on the panel where one of my two batteries were. Barely enough room, and barely enough cable to reach the other battery gracefully. Looking forward to trying it out.

Comment

Working...
                X