No announcement yet.

TAPS Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never done this to a to a taps gauge....but If you ground out signal post the gauge should peg. If it does then it's going to be sender/input issue. If gauge doesn't move it is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by dj2 View Post
      Where does the thin yellow wire go that is coming off the TAPS gauge?
      The yellow wire comes from the black box under the dash, I assume this is the signal wire to the gauge for position

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
      Never done this to a to a taps gauge....but If you ground out signal post the gauge should peg. If it does then it's going to be sender/input issue. If gauge doesn't move it is bad.
      Grounding out electrical circuits is not on the top of the list of things I want to do. I've let to much smoke out in my days, that stuff is impossible to get back in. But when I turn off the boat the gauge goes to the 8 and when I turn the key on the gauge reads 1...

Comment

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't short purple to black with key on, but I understand your concern, introducing direct shorts is a scary thought. Usually reserved for testing fuel sender's, temp sender's, etc. Sounds like you've narrowed it down to sender or module itself since gauge cycles at key on. I believe that the sender is internal to the Lenco actuator, but to be honest only have had issues with Bennett actuators, their pumps, and solenoids. Usually the Lenco just fails and that's it since there are no pumps.

Comment

I would take the yellow wire off and check voltage as you change the TAPS position. If the voltage changes in proportion the the movement then I would lean toward a bad gauge.

Comment

Working...
          X