Video camera add on for Tige Touch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video camera add on for Tige Touch?

Picking up my new(to me) '13 Z1 in a week or so and it doesn't have the rear camera(not sure if that was an option back then) that plays video on the Tige Touch screen. Was wondering if anyone added the new Tige OEM rear camera or something similar to their older boats that didn't come with them. I did a search, but only saw of people adding GOPRO setups. I'm looking for something small and hidden like what's shown on the new boats or possibly a tower mounted camera that is not noticable. Thanks in advance!

If you are surfing you really need to mount the camera on the back of the boat. That invaraibly leads you to a GoPro.

2013 did have a tower mount option but it wasn't HD so kinda sucked.

Comment

Curlview. The End
      Germaine Marine
      "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Just added it to my 2016 Z3. It was $600 at the dealer installed.

Comment

So, I get that it's cool to watch your rider and whatnot, and have now taken out Tiges and Supras with cameras in the swim deck grab handle. That being said, IMO they are a complete distraction to captain/operator/driver. When towing you should be paying attention to other boaters, crazy asses that have gone full retard on rental jet skis, fisherman in small skiffs that don't need your surf roller pounding them, dude cracking the whip with his kids on the tube wildly behind his 89 Four Winns that he just bought etc. I guess there is an argument if you live on a private lake or are out midweek/evenings. So far though it is my experience that these cameras lead you to just staring at your helm when you should be focused on operating your boat safely. Just my opinion.

Comment

I totally agree with the above.

Use your mirror. Allowing for a view of what's in front of you and your rider behind, probably in a better picture too.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
              So, I get that it's cool to watch your rider and whatnot, and have now taken out Tiges and Supras with cameras in the swim deck grab handle. That being said, IMO they are a complete distraction to captain/operator/driver. When towing you should be paying attention to other boaters, crazy asses that have gone full retard on rental jet skis, fisherman in small skiffs that don't need your surf roller pounding them, dude cracking the whip with his kids on the tube wildly behind his 89 Four Winns that he just bought etc. I guess there is an argument if you live on a private lake or are out midweek/evenings. So far though it is my experience that these cameras lead you to just staring at your helm when you should be focused on operating your boat safely. Just my opinion.
              Thanks freeheel4life, I totally agree with your comment. Safety is always number one when boating. Watching the rider thru the screen is not my reason for adding a rear camera. I wanted a camera so I can record the rider(an alternative to using a GOPRO) that is hidden and out of the way and fixed, I have two GOPRO's sitting in bottom of a couple lakes already, haha. Seeing what I am recording on the screen is a bonus, but not something I would use as an alternative to my rear view mirror.

Comment

Gotcha frosty. Haven't done that much homework on the subject, or spent that much time with tiges that have the camera optioned out, but I am fairly confident that there is no data storage option on the cameras in the grab handle( have yet to find a record option, but these are all new options and I typically don't get the chance to familiarize myself with then until they aren't working) The Supras I have taken out are the same. Literally just a rear facing hd camera that displays live image on touch screen. Maybe someone else knows of a way to incorporate a hard drive or other storage device. Even once you got all that done I believe it would all have to be independent of your tige touch screen or they would have to release a software update which is unlikely as they made the switch from medallion to Murphy.
                Chpthrill here on TO would be the guy to ask as he's the AV guru.

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
                  Curlview. The End

How's the quality of Curlview? I'm thinking of getting one.

Comment

Working...
                  X