Gauges Zero Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauges Zero Out

I have an '11 Z1 and for a year or so the speedo and tach have been acting up. At first it was once in a great while, and towards the end of this season it was all the time. All of the gauges will zero out on the LCD and will not show speed, temp, oil pressure, etc. They all have power as the lights come on and they all show 00.0. I have gotten them to come back on by hitting the dash a couple times, but this is not a reliable fix =)
    Is there anywhere I can find a wiring schematic that's typical of that year Tige or has anyone else had this problem and diagnosed it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds to me like the can bus wires have a bad connection at the dash or at the engine plug. If the LCD stays on during this failure its not the power/ground. Its loosing communication from the engine. Check the 12 pin connector under the dash that goes to the gauge harness and check the 20 pin connector at the engine. Its the white and blue wires on the 12 pin, gauge harness side and black and white on the 20 pin at the engine.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thanks KoolAid!!!! Ended up being the 12 pin connector at the dash. It was partially unplugged. Snapped it back together and haven't had a problem since.

Comment

Working...
      X