Dual Battery Box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual Battery Box?

Anybody know where to find one? I've looked all over the place, and all I can find are off-road style steel cages. The only plastic ones with lids seem to be for 6V batteries. I would like to put my two deep cell stereo batts in the same box. Currently they are seperate and the lids don't close because of being wired together and it's just messy looking. I guess I could make one out of wood and wrap in carpet, but would really prefer to just buy one somewhere.

Side by side positioning would work, but end to end would be ideal for my location..
    Last edited by Bryan; 07-01-2016, 01:15 AM.

Individual boxes with custom length cables is about the best way to go, other than a custom box to house both.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
      Anybody know where to find one? I've looked all over the place, and all I can find are off-road style steel cages. The only plastic ones with lids seem to be for 6V batteries. I would like to put my two deep cell stereo batts in the same box. Currently they are seperate and the lids don't close because of being wired together and it's just messy looking. I guess I could make one out of wood and wrap in carpet, but would really prefer to just buy one somewhere.

Side by side positioning would work, but end to end would be ideal for my location..
      i have same problem. i have two batteries in the same port side area and very tight with due to the lids. single box would be sweet. there is an opportunity for a diy and not too difficult. I am thinking DIY plastic vacuum molding.

Comment

Consider that the only way to get the batteries in and out, will be in the box, by removing the rear locker partition. Since the batteries are housed behind that wall, consider installing two trays with hold-downs over boxes with lids.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have two boxes now behind there and would have to remove partition when removing batteries or anything related to them. I honestly don't remove my batteries and maybe should over the winter.
          I have thought about a different location but can't decide on where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My batteries aren't in any partitioned section. When you lift of the seat back to the dry storage area under the stereo/glove box, there they are in all their messy, spider web of wires glory.... Hate it

Comment

not sure what the dimensions are below your back seat but here is a couple boxes i found that may work. One was big enough to hold three 29M interstate batteries. I will suggest getting new cable or just some housekeeping. I got some new cable from Chpthril when adding my second battery and the cable terminal ends he sent were awesome. It was very flexible and easy to route. I was fortunate to have access to a electric crimper (Greenlee Gator Crimper) so did all the crimps myself. but if you give lengths to Mike I am sure he can crimp them for you. A trick i did for cutting that big cable was using a hand axe, block of wood and hammer. it sounds bad but is quick and very clean cuts.

http://www.batterymart.com/c-battery-boxes.html

Comment

Working...
              X