Found ground strap laying under the engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found ground strap laying under the engine

I found this ground wire/strap laying under my engine. It's not hooked up but looks like it was at some point. I traced it back to the engine where it says "battery ground". Anyone know where it goes? My dealer said if everything is working not to worry about it. I don't think I can not worry about it until I know what it's for.
    Attached Files

Here is the engine side. You can see through the wires the yellow strip. It's what says "Battery Ground".
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cek1; 06-17-2016, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Rudder ground?
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        Rudder ground?
        I don't know. I didn't know there was such a thing. I'll go look now. Not sure I know what I'm looking for though. This isn't a muffler bearing kind of thing is it?
        Last edited by Cek1; 06-16-2016, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Looks like rudder ground to me too or at least thats what mine looks like....

Comment

Anyone have a pic? The only place I see it could go is right on the top, I see there is a threaded hole there that is missing a screw.

Comment

Originally posted by Cek1 View Post
              Anyone have a pic? The only place I see it could go is right on the top, I see there is a threaded hole there that is missing a screw.
              I bet that is it! If no one has posted a pic by tonight, I'll try to take a picture of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by jslayde1 View Post
                I bet that is it! If no one has posted a pic by tonight, I'll try to take a picture of mine.

Cool. Thank you..

Comment

Evey metal part on your boat should be linked together with ground wires and tied into the groud on the battery buss bar or directly to the battery. It is to help prevent corrosion.

Comment

Sorry for the double post.
                    Last edited by kodiak ak; 06-18-2016, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Wow! I had no idea a rudder ground was a thing. I had my little sister under the kitchen sink one time for almost 20 minutes looking for elbow grease... I would have bet money CHP was takin this thread down that road

Comment

LOL,, thats funny

The crew at Fortes Inboard in FL got on to this years ago as they found it extended the life of the steering cables.
                        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                        X