Looking for simple electrical answers... Hopefully

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for simple electrical answers... Hopefully

In my 2014 Z1 what position should the battery selector switch be in during normal operation? 1 or both batteries?
    What is the difference between crank volts and house volts as indicated on the touch screen?
    Why is the low battery voltage warning always popping up on the screen, even though the batteries seem to be fully charged?
    If we're floating listening to the stereo, should be battery selector switch be changed from 1 to both?
    Would low battery voltage cause the v-drive not to engage?

A huge thanks in advance to any answers!

Confused.

Take a closer look, your switch, if OEM installed, will have OFF, ON and Combine. ON is the normal position for when the boat is in use, OFF when you put the boat away and COMBINE for emergency start. The difference between crank and house is that crank is the main starting battery and house runs the accessories. Its normal for the low volt warning to pop up when the engine is off. As far I know, the transmission is still a manual push/pull cable, on a 2014. A quick glance at the side of it for a shift cable and arm would confirm.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Take a closer look, your switch, if OEM installed, will have OFF, ON and Combine. ON is the normal position for when the boat is in use, OFF when you put the boat away and COMBINE for emergency start.
      I have a 2014 Z1 with OEM installed switch. Options are OFF, ON and Combine

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      As far I know, the transmission is still a manual push/pull cable, on a 2014. A quick glance at the side of it for a shift cable and arm would confirm.
      Correct again chpthril, it's almost like you work on boats for a living, 14's are a manual push/pull cable.

I get a low voltage warning too when the key is in off and only the magic button is engaged.

Comment

Working...
      X