Help! Middle of lake with no acc power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Middle of lake with no acc power

Put the 2010 22ve in today. Started fine. Drove 10 minutes to beach only to find no power to ballast, stereo, horn, lights.

Checked 80a breaker arm and it is intact.

Thoughts anyone?

Silly first question... Do you have a battery switch that maybe got turned and you didn't check it?

Comment

Battery switch is on. Tige touch screen comes on so I have power. If I turn that off the screen goes dead. So yes, dial is ON.

Comment

Are there two white toggle switches on the breaker box under the helm? If so, make sure they are flipped on.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have one switch, reads 40 amp, it is on

Comment

If my deep cycle battery was dead, would the tige touch screen come on? The screen does light up and looks normal. It just does not turn on anything

Comment

Well I turned off the 40 amp aux switch and the screen does come on, so it is not dependent on that switch. Might the battery be completely dead?

Comment

Originally posted by nevada_rain View Post
                Well I turned off the 40 amp aux switch and the screen does come on, so it is not dependent on that switch. Might the battery be completely dead?
                Voltage gauge reads 11.6

3.2 v off...

Comment

No change when running...alternator likely???

Comment

I lost acc power when my deep cycle battery went bad. I used a jumper to my cranking battery and that was how I figured it out.
                    If I'm not surfing, I'm making money to surf.

Comment

Has anyone had their alternator go bad on a 2010 vintage 22ve?

Comment

Honestly, its very rare, but not unlikely. Given the number of GM v8's that all use the same alternator, I dont see or hear of a lot of alt failures. On a low hour 2010, id be looking for an external reason for an alternator failure.
                        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                        X