Troubleshooting help please 2007 MP 340HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubleshooting help please 2007 MP 340HP

So my son and his buds took the boat out the other day, and came back much sooner than expected. They said there was "a lot " of water in the bilge. Turns out that was due to them continuing to try to fill a ballast sac that had a hose loose, so it just kept running into the bilge...where the bilge pump had crapped out 2 days earlier. They brought the boat home, cranked the engine to flush it, and then we dried it out and put it away. (yes, I know, lots of things could have been done differently, but that is water under the bridge, or bilge).

Fast forward one week. We go to use the boat, and try to crank it at home first, just to make sure. Seems as if battery is stone dead. Come to find out, water was so high it filled the battery boxes! We drain the boxes, and put the charger on the starting battery. Many hours later, charger shows fully charged. Turn the ignition key to position one, no beep, no fuel pump engagement, display shows battery at 0.0 V. And of course, no starter engagement. Many seconds later, the message "ENG ECU NO DATA" starts flashing.

I've checked various fuses that I can see, next to battery switch, under air intake cover, and the main breakers under the dash. Any ideas for simple things to check before I call MP, or find a mechanic?

Thanks!

Replace the batteries if they were underwater, they shorted out. Use a 12v tester to check batteries first, off the battery charger.
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Took the battery to Advance auto, they put it on the load tester and found that it is in good shape, so it must not have gone totally under. Going to clean all terminals, reinstall, and see what comes up.

Comment

Working...
      X