2008 22Ve Speedset Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 22Ve Speedset Issue

Ever since I've had the boat (3 months) - the Speedset works flawlessly with one issue I've never been able to fix. If I have the speed set to some value, but then turn the engine off and back on again, the speedset will not engage unless I turn it off and back on again and then re-set the speed. This is despite the speedset remaining switched on and still displaying the same speed on restart.

We're working around it - but it led to some really interesting wakesurfing attempts early on...

Is there something wrong with mine? Or is that just how it works?

Thanks.

When you refire the engine, is your original "set speed" still displayed or is it zero along with the actual speed?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The original "set speed" is still displayed. That is the root of the confusion here!

Comment

Originally posted by rhoadsdj View Post
        The original "set speed" is still displayed. That is the root of the confusion here!
        I have the same issue on my 09. It's not all the time, but often the set number is being displayed, it can even be displaying the "advance throttle message"...

Not much fun surfing when getting pulled up the boat accelerates way past the set point... trying to hold on a 20mph can be interesting. I have even reflashed the SW to the latest per tige.

Comment

Originally posted by ericinmich View Post
          I have the same issue on my 09. It's not all the time, but often the set number is being displayed, it can even be displaying the "advance throttle message"...

Not much fun surfing when getting pulled up the boat accelerates way past the set point... trying to hold on a 20mph can be interesting. I have even reflashed the SW to the latest per tige.
          No - but it sure is fun watching other people try it!

Comment

I have the same issue. Sporadic for sure but not all the time. I've got in the habit of resetting it everytime I restart the engine. Love to know if there is a fix.

Comment

I rarely shutoff my engine when out surfing. I have the speed set which resets each hour.

Comment

Originally posted by mls6722 View Post
                I rarely shutoff my engine when out surfing. I have the speed set which resets each hour.
                This won't work for me, I always shut of engine when switching riders. A single point failure could put the engine in reverse (or a bump of the throttle/gear shift).

IMO, not worth the risk...

Comment

Working...
                X