Tower light dash switch issues - 2006 24ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower light dash switch issues - 2006 24ve

Had my NAV switch replaced last fall and my tower light switch, forward or aft hasn't worked since. Tech says they didn't touch it...

My underwater was also out, I switched two wires...and it's fine now.

Here is the back of the switch & the two relays the clear wires run to. I've checked the yellow wire, it has power when the NAV is in the forward position.

There are two blue wires proximate to the switch, thought maybe they were disconnected by accident, no idea.

Can anyone shoot me a pic of their switch (rear). 8 prong plug.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.IMAG0383.jpgIMAG0384.jpgIMAG0381.jpgIMAG0380.jpg

I have an '03, but on my boat all those interconnected blues are the grounds. They usually will have a U shaped piece of metal connecting the two and then be pushed onto the plug on he switch. If they are disconnected then you have no ground to that switch, and since neither fore or aft position works, I bet they didn't get the ground plugged back in all the way when they worked on the neighboring switch. Try to plug it back in and see what happens.

The yellow should be your power in and the speaker wires are power out of the switch going to the relays, then onto the lights... None of which will work if your grounds are disconnected
    Last edited by Bryan; 08-12-2015, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Any idea which post the yellow should be connected to?

The top two posts have black & blue wires coming across all of the switches. Same as all the switches, Ibelieve that is also power & ground, for the switch light...which does illuminate.

Comment

Ok after a second look I my have mis-spoke before.. The yellow looks like it's gonna be the switch illumination power. It'll only be hot when your nav lights are on and your gauges light up. If you haven't moved it, don't. You appear to be missing your red 12v wire. At least I don't see it in the pic. You should have a red wire feeding in constant power to the switch. Usually, your power is fed into those switched on the middle poles and the top and bottom poles will direct power to those positions on the switch.. Try to look at your other switches for guidance on how they are all powered. Start by plugging the power into it like that then use a test light or volt meter and test the switch poles while moving the switch to see what gets hot and when. Also, check your breakers or fuses feeding into the switch.

Also, Google illuminated rocker switch wiring diagrams and see what you come up with
        Last edited by Bryan; 08-12-2015, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X