Ballast stops working intermittently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast stops working intermittently

My ballast keeps quitting, on initial fill it works fine, then when I go to switch sides it won't work, the tige touch says the one side is filling and the opposite is draining but the pumps don't turn on. After messing around with miscellaneous things like turning the battery switch off/on resetting viper or tapping the windshield twice and the tower 3 times they usually suddenly start to work again. Is there relays inside the fuse panel for these pumps? This is very annoying.

Mine do that when they get some weeds in them... then they seem to break loose (or I have to actually clean them out). Not sure if thats your issue though.

Comment

There's no weeds in them, it's some sort of electrical issue.........

Comment

I have had twice where one of the rear pumps would not empty & found the fuse was making poor contact. I removed the fuse, wiped the terminals & then reinserted the fuse-voila, pump immediately came on. This was on a different pump each time.

Comment

Originally posted by dilpickle View Post
          I have had twice where one of the rear pumps would not empty & found the fuse was making poor contact. I removed the fuse, wiped the terminals & then reinserted the fuse-voila, pump immediately came on. This was on a different pump each time.
          Was it the fuses in the Medallion box under the helm that you cleaned?

Comment

Yep, they are marked, there is a fuse for fill & one for drain on each pump.

Comment

Great, thanks. Had this happen last night. Will check it tomorrow.

Comment

Let me know if your problems happen again Av8tor

Comment

My touch also shows an overhead of a pickle fork boat, and obviously mine isn't...............wtf

Comment

Working...
                  X