Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAPS Not Working (Dead?)

Where is the TAPS motor and fuse?

Our 2001 21v TAPS was working great until last week when it suddenly stopped working. I'm certain it's not just the guage (as per other threads) as the TAPS plate won't move when the TAPS control is moved up or down. There is also no discernible noise when the TAPS button is pressed (also per other threads). I read in our owners package that there is a fuse on the orange wire leading to the TAPS motor. Where is the motor located on a 2001 21v? I read in one thread that it is in front of the driver! This must be for a 21i...

Any ideas/pictures for locating the TAPS motor/fuse would be appreciated (as well as other suggestions for fixing the problem).

For the record, TAPS is stuck at the "0" position, so at least I can wakeboard (I'm too old and chicken for anything larger than a "3"). My wife and others are complaining though...
    Richard

It's behind the access panel in the rear storage area on the drivers side.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Location of fuse for TAPS

Thanks for the quick reply, Dogbert. I found the TAPS motor, but can find the fuse for it. There is no noise or action (at all) from the TAPS motor, so my suspicion is that it is the fuse (25A)... Can you tell me where I would find the fuse? I did find the fuse panel on top of the battery (passenger side, next to the engine), but no blown fuse and nothing that had an orange wire or seemed to be linked to TAPS. Thanks for your help.
      Richard

Comment

You should have a TAPS breaker located on the dash board that is resetable.

Comment

Re: Location of fuse for TAPS

Originally posted by rwdenis
          Thanks for the quick reply, Dogbert. I found the TAPS motor, but can find the fuse for it. There is no noise or action (at all) from the TAPS motor, so my suspicion is that it is the fuse (25A)... Can you tell me where I would find the fuse? I did find the fuse panel on top of the battery (passenger side, next to the engine), but no blown fuse and nothing that had an orange wire or seemed to be linked to TAPS. Thanks for your help.
          I defer to lee.
          Last edited by dogbert; 07-21-2006, 01:40 AM.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

This will sound really stupid, but by "resetable fuses on the dashboard", Lee is referring to the black rubber plugs under the throttle, no? I assume that when a fuse "blows" they pop out into the rubber plug, and then one pushes them back into place... If this is the case, none of the black plugs have anything "popped" (I warned you that this would sound stupid), and consequently would assume that the fuse is fine and that I should try to figure out how to fill the reservoir with ATF. Does this sound right? Thanks again for all your help.
            Richard

Comment

If you do not hear the pump whine then it is not getting power or not coming on. It might be that your TAPS relay has gone bad. The relay is a 2" square under the dash with three wire going in and three wires going out.

Comment

Thanks

Dear Lee and Dogbert. Thanks for the reply. You made our weekend! One last question/comment: When I pulled the fuse it was 10A (which disagrees with the 20A that I read about elsewhere). I replaced it with a 10A but will change to a 20A if it blows again.
                Richard

Comment

Working...
                X