Tach/perfect pass reset after hitting wake 2004 24V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tach/perfect pass reset after hitting wake 2004 24V

Anyone experience this kind of behavior? If the boat hits a large wake the tach and the perfect pass will reset, even if the perfect pass is off. I have had a few other minor electrical issues that may or may not be related as well.

One is the taps will randomly run (think this is due to fraying in the wires, bypassing the switch seems to resolve).

The other is if the NAV lights are on, the boat will not shut off. If you try, the buzzer sounds and the boat keeps running. If the boat is off and you turn the NAV lights on, it sounds as well. If I set the anchor light, the boat works fine.

Sounds to me like a loose connection, but I have not been able to locate it or a wiring diagram for the boat. Any suggestions on where to look and/or finding a schematic would be greatly appreciated!!!

I know this is a super old post, but I just have to reply because I had nearly the exact same set of problems, PP resetting, NAV lights not letting me turn off the boat and if the boat was off it would turn on the fuel pump if I turned on the NAV light and sound an alarm. Anyway, I finally found out what the problem was, so if anyone is having this same issue and finds this thread, here is what was causing it for me. There was a bad ground connection back on the motor. The reason I found it is my gauges finally stopped working completely and when I traced all the wires back to find the source of the disconnect it was this ground. Once I fixed it, then all my gauges started working again and bonus, I no longer had the PP resetting or the NAV light issues, so my conclusion is that the ground must have been coming loose for some time causing the problems then once it finally broke off completely everything just stopped working but with a good solid connection which it has now that fixe everything.

Screenshot_5.png

Comment

jeremyjohnolson that is super cool of you to proactively share a solution even though the prior issue was 7 years old.

it’s folks like you that make this such a great site.

Comment

That's brilliant info @jeremyjohnolson - thanks.
        I have a 2003 24v limited - So far not having those problems, but that's quite an obscure bunch of symptoms, so good info to have and look out for.
        My question is: Where on the motor is the ground connection?
        ​​​​​​​will check it and keep an eye on it too.

Comment

toastie22 in the picture I posted above, I put a red box around where the ground connection is on the motor. It’s zoomed in so it could be difficult to tell, but that is showing the front of the motor, the part nearest the front of the boat, on the port side of the motor.

Comment

Working...
          X