CMD5 - Rear In-boat Speakers Stopped Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMD5 - Rear In-boat Speakers Stopped Working

Have wet sounds in-boats, CMD5, and amp - system has been fine since I bought the boat 2 months ago and suddenly the rear speakers have stopped working. I found disconnected RCA plugs on the amp, plugged them back in, but still it won't work. Any ideas? I've checked all wires and connections and they are fine. Fade is correct as well.

With the bow speakers and sub working, we can determine that the output from the head-unit is good and the amp is powered up. This leaves a few possibilities.

all 4 speakers dead. Very unlikely
    wire connections for both pairs of speaker came loose at the amp. Unlikely that both would but possible.
    Input mode switch on amp got pushed. Possible but its a small button
    Chnls 3 and 4 of the amp have failed. very possible and most likely.

When we replaced the failed tower amp, we reconfigured the RCAs in order to allow for FADE between the in-boats and tower speakers. Those unconnected RCAs were no longer needed, but taped in a bundle behind the existing amp.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

All right so - amazingly the ballast bags managed to pull a connection loose on every single rear in-boat speaker... I reconnected them and it's all good now.

On to problem #2 this weekend - the stereo now will only play when the engine is running. When I cut it off the stereo will play maybe a minute and fizzle out. The house battery drops from 12.5 volts to 9 volts in the same time span. Could it be dead already? Brand new 7 weeks ago...

Comment

Sounds like a bad battery. If that new should be under warranty.

Comment

Rhoads,

Email me the address of where the boat stays. Can I get access to it during the week and be able to fire it up?

We can shore up those speaker leads to insure the sac does not knock them off again.

Sounds like house battery is depleted again. Have you noticed anything staying on? Bilge pump running while boat is unused? Since the stereo works with engine running, we know the house battery is receiving a charge from the alternator. Just need to figure out why is not staying charged.

Are you spending a lot of time at anchor playing system?

Do you have access to shore power for an on-board charger?
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Hey Mike - just shot you an email. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X