Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP 340 HP , G-force fuel pump

Hi

Cant start my engine - whenI turn the key - starter will run. But no priming from pump.

Did check voltage to pump - none , tried to switch relays - didnt help.

Did check voltage to relay - none , please need help ?

Best regards
    Søren Damm

check the wires going to the key ignition, also check your Kill Switch. Seems like basic stuff but often gets over looked.
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Hi

Thanks for reply - I will check today , is there seperate connection from key/kill switch to fuel pump . Both starter and ignition is working. Do you know color code ?

Comment

Check the breakers and fuses in the box on the back of the engine. Including the red push button on the side of it.

Check your ignition barrel. If you're not getting thelow oil pressure buzzer alarm then it's ignition feed related.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi

Im struggling :-( , Have checked dashboard killswith works fine . Ignition key also working fine . When i turn the to first step I get the buzzer alarm , can hear second relay ( relay at towards backend) is clicking.

When I turn key to 2 position , starter runs and ignition is working .

But should hear HP pump running in position one - but still not running.

In the relay box - fuses are ok , voltage is ok.

Next step - help

Comment

Marine power have wiring diagrams on their site. Have a look and trace your wiring and check voltages at each point.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snuden View Post
              Hi

Im struggling :-( , Have checked dashboard killswith works fine . Ignition key also working fine . When i turn the to first step I get the buzzer alarm , can hear second relay ( relay at towards backend) is clicking.
              Sorry to hear you are struggling. Just wondering about your wording here ^^. If the relay is "clicking" multiple times, it is not functioning correctly. You should hear only one "click" - and then of coarse after the click you should have voltage on the other side...

Just thought I would point that out ...

Comment

On the fuel pump on the port side, there is a coil that goes around it to keep it cool with raw water. Often times the silicon that holds it in place often gives way and slides down. On the bottom of the fuel pump is a red or black wire (cant remember off the top of my head). When the coil slides down it will often disconnect the power to the fuel pump as its just a pinch clip that holds it on. Make sure that is still connected, meaning no fuel pump no start. if this is the case, get some zipty's to hold that coil up around the fuel pump.
                My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Hi

Getting a Little bit closer . When I crossover the fuelpump relay I can get the pumps to run :-) . When I measure across the relaycoil in the socket I get 12 V , when I test the relay on by connecting it directly to the battery - it Works ( one click ) - but when I put it the socket it wont click.
                  + pol is comming through fuse directly from switchbox , should be OK . Second wire is comming from ECU unit - so mayby something there ?

Comment

Hi

Still working on the boat . Trying to find Ground point on the engine . From J1 plug comes 3 BLK wires , and together goes to ground - but where is that point ?

Comment

Hi

Did not find any faults - ended driven the boat to mechanic - will post soon post rest off story

Comment

sounds good, sorry I wasn't able to help out more I was extra busy this weekend. Looking forward to hearing what the issue is since I have the same motor. Then you might be able to talk me through the fix if it happens to me.

Comment

Hi

Boat is running again . Ended up sending the ECM to Marine Power USA . They tested it - and it failed. Bought a new one - plugged it in - started the engine .But pretty expensive little box.

Comment

Are you located in the LOTO area? Reason I ask is I know my dealer had a boat with with ECM issues and they couldn't get MP to send them a new ECM. Sounded like MP didn't want to acknowledge the ECM being at fault either. The mechanic was very frustrated with MP to say the least!

Comment

Hi

Im located in Denmark - Europe , so i did send the ECM with UPS , had good service at MP . The tested my old ECM( MEFI4) - it failed the test . So they programmed a new one. And did send it straight away . Took one week and my boat was back on the Water - Again running perfect. But had to pay 1200 US + shipping - pretty expensive Little box.

Comment

Working...
                              X