Replacing Red & Green Nav Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Red & Green Nav Lights

90 degrees in Seattle yesterday, out on the boat from 9:30am to midnight. Took a tour of Lake Washington. Coming back from Dukes on lake union late last night after a bite, got to Renton Coulon Boat Launch at midnight, and what the heck, the boat ramp lights were not on, it was pitch black. Got to get me a spot light after that episode. Ramp lights have been lit for 20 years any hour of the night in past. Anyone know why no ramp lights at Renton Coulon? Retrived boat in pitch black, not good. Got'er done though. But I digress.

As we were pulling away from the Lake Union public mooring dock to head back after dinner, probably 10:00pm, my wife did a nav lights check, and guess what, red bulb out. Have not replaced green or red light, been good for 9 years. Simple on a 2006 22Ve?

I think you will find that behind the color lens is a standard incandescent bulb. Find the 3 or 4 dig style number and google for an LED replacement. Blighter and less current draw.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Ok Chp. Did not know that. Do you start by getting at it from inside, or do you start by taking the metal plate and two screws off from the outside/front and go from there?

Comment

IIRC, you can reach the back of the socket by removing a bow speaker
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Case closed for now. Good tip chpthril, appreciate, got'er done. Found the replacement bulb online. 12V8W, Double Contact Bayonet Base, .59-Amp, Clear. Never could find the LED replacement. Will leave the online search science project for the winter

Comment

Working...
          X