2013 R20; No power, wont turn over after hitting hard wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 R20; No power, wont turn over after hitting hard wave

My wife hit a hard wave. Engine died and wont turn over. Radio still plays but no power to pumps or starter? Any suggestion?

may have tripped a breaker or relay somehow might want to check those if you know where they are located

Comment

I suppose you've already checked the lanyard and it's in neutral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did check all connections to battery, as well as all fuses and breaker switches under the dash.

Comment

I heard that the plates in battery could have been displaced and shorted out. Does one battery go to radio and the other to the starter? If so, maybe i should check the battery. Any idea which is which?

Comment

I doubt it is the battery itself. They are meant for this. (then again, so is everything else). The stereo battery says "Deep Cycle" on it.

To confirm its not the battery, turn the big red dial in the same rear locker to "Combine". This combines the two batteries in the case that one is dead.

Comment

Ok, thanks. i did try that with the red dial and no difference. What about the relay switch. Is there one on this boat and where?

Comment

Did you find the switch I sent you to look at? The one that says BEP?

Comment

I will have to look tonight but thanks and I really appreciate it. I will let you know if that works. And then, I will keep my wife out from behind the wheel of the boat.

Comment

i put some pics on the other thread under mechanical

Comment

Working...
                    X