Electrical problems PLUS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical problems PLUS?

I'm hoping someone will chime in here, especially someone from Tige.

I have an 05 Tige 20ci with 70 hours on her. She ran fine when put away on Sunday, but today is another story?

1. The Taps is acting weird. Well not working at all. The taps is stuck on wakeboard, but when I hit the horn (which now does not beep), or any of the AUX switches, the taps rapidly moves to slalom?

2. Horn stopped working?

3. Bilge pump inop as well?

4. This is not electrical, but while I opened up the engine cowl to clean out the bilge (which didn't help), I noticed water gushing in (engine running) from the opening where the engine meets the tranny?

I took a few pix and lets see if the'll attach?

I never noticed this water coming in on my past two ski boats?

TIA, Paul

ps...I have a warranty and plan to call Tige in the a.m.
    Attached Files

From the picture it looks like a freeze plug on the engine and if not properly winterized would not be covered under any warranty. I know that it was not best news to hear but give me a call and we can discuss. With the other issues sounds like a ground could be loose. My number here is 325-676-7777.

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew
      From the picture it looks like a freeze plug on the engine and if not properly winterized would not be covered under any warranty. I know that it was not best news to hear but give me a call and we can discuss. With the other issues sounds like a ground could be loose. My number here is 325-676-7777.

Andrew
      I think we can rule out the freeze plug. I drained the boat and did not find a freeze plug in the hull. I also ran the boat around the lake for 10 minutes or so, and mo water was exiting the area in question.

But, one question leads to another? Why does my boat fill up with water as shown in the original picture? I cover it every night and we have not had any rain in a week or so? Where can I look to see where the water is coming from?

Of course, having the bilge pump inop does'nt help matters any.

As always Andrew, thanks for your continuing support.

Comment

Looking at your picture Is there also a bunch of rust spots?

Comment

the water is coming out of that hole because the water is deep enough in your boat that the flywheel is picking it up and slinging it out that hole. i would assume the drain plug was in an tight that much water has to be a good size leak it should not be to hard to find. have you drained it out and tried to just sit engine off and watch it for 10-15 minutes and see if water is getting in without engine running. let us know what you found

Comment

Originally posted by kko
            the water is coming out of that hole because the water is deep enough in your boat that the flywheel is picking it up and slinging it out that hole. i would assume the drain plug was in an tight that much water has to be a good size leak it should not be to hard to find. have you drained it out and tried to just sit engine off and watch it for 10-15 minutes and see if water is getting in without engine running. let us know what you found
            Did just what you mentioned and it was in fact rain water in the hull. Bilge is inop, so I drained it and ran it without further problems.

Thanks, Paul

Comment

glad to hear it. enjoy your tige. they the best dont you know!!

Comment

Working...
              X