Heater will not turn off, runs all the time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heater will not turn off, runs all the time

2013 z1, my heater just randomly decided to turn itself on the other day, tige touch says it's off ivectried cycling IT on/off but it remains on. I had to pull the fuse to get it to shut off. Anyone else had this happen?

Yes we have had that happen and it turned out to be the the large fuse pannel box , the internal relay failed on, the entre box has to be replaced or you could wre a remote switch to the fuse.

Comment

That's pretty stupid to have to replCe the whole panel that's what I figured, remember how much you paid?

Comment

if it's just a relay that needs replacing anyone with soldering skills could fix it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chrissnow View Post
          if it's just a relay that needs replacing anyone with soldering skills could fix it.

This is what I'm thinking, I can certainly solder, also thought if I could pin point the trigger wire coming from the touch, I could even just add a new relay between that and the fuse panel.

Comment

The only thing I would say about a diy repair on something like this is that unless you are experienced in this sort of thing you do risk damaging the pcb. It will take a fair amount of heat across multiple pins to remove. Adding a relay might be easy enough. Just piggyback the existing relay coil pins.

Comment

Working...
            X