Wire size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wire size?

Ok I'm redoing all the wiring in my stereo today and as I was taking everything apart I noticed I only have 4 gauge wire going from my batteries to my battery switch, is this ok or do I need 0 on this??? There is 0 coming off the common on the switch but not sure if I need 0 between battery and switch??

I use 0 for all my battery cables.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Ok that's what I was thinking!! Thank you!! I'll see if I can locate some!!

Comment

Odd that they would run 0 from the switch but not 0 to the switch. Kinda defeats the point.

Sent from my Passport

Comment

It looks like the original wire going from the switch and just used what they could find going to the switch one of the power wires is even black makes me think they pulled it off a car or something

Comment

I don't think that boat had dual batteries to start with
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Factory should be 00 wire from the battery to the switch then 00 from the switch to the battery.

Comment

I finally found everything I need only took 3 hours because of idiots at oreillys. But what I think happened is the previous owner took the factory battery cable and put it on the common on the switch and just grabbed what ever power cable he could find to go from the batteries to the switch but I got 0/1 gauge wire and picked up a new switch at academy only one I could find in west Houston on a Saturday afternoon because my old perko is melted a little where the common post is so figured one from academy was probably better then that one

Comment

Working...
                X