R20 or RZR on board charger factory placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R20 or RZR on board charger factory placement

Where does Tige mount the onboard charger not he R20/Rzr? Dealer wants to put it in storage under seats...i think that is silly, as it defeats the purpose of easy access.

Is this unit from the factory a charger or a maintainer? or both?

It doesn't matter where the charger is mounted as long as you have easy access to the plug for your extension cord. But you do need to pay attention to what direction the charger is mounted. Mine has a large heat sink behind the plastic cover with an open section that is supposed to be mounted vertical so the heat can rise up from the heat sink and allow cool air to flow in from below. I mounted my charger on the backside of the access door for the batteries on the aft wall of my port locker.
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

The factory usually mounts them on the cover of where the battery's are. The plug is above and to the left while facing the back of the boat. the issue with this locations is that you cannot remove that cover completely. So it is a little bit of a challenge to change battery's. I believe the Pro Mariner chargers are maintainers as well.

Comment

I mounted mine on the back of the starboard battery access door. I have the promariner 20 which is a charger/maintainer. My batteries are 3 years old and have had zero issues.

Comment

I also mounted mine on the battery door.

Comment

Any concerns about the surf ballast bags hitting the charger/getting cut when mounted on the outer side of that door?

Comment

Not uncommon for a charger to have sharp corners. I would be concerned with the weight of the sac pushing against the charger.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

How much space do these need for heat dissipation? Id like to do what whiteflash did, and mount to back of battery door.

Comment

you put it on the back side of that door facing the batteries, bags wont hit it that way.

Comment

When I plug in I open the door and lay on top of the fatsac open the engine hatch and don't look back when it comes to heat. I have been doing this for 3 years.

Comment

I used to do what whiteflash said. Then I realized my charger hardly even got warm, so I just leave it closed.

Comment

Originally posted by CarFanatic View Post
                        I used to do what whiteflash said. Then I realized my charger hardly even got warm, so I just leave it closed.
                        x2
                        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Just make sure there's room behind andbetween the door and your battery's.

I have a Z1 with the dual battery option and there isn't room behind the panel, between it and the battery. I had to put the charger on the other side of the boat and route the cables across the back of the boat to reach the battery's.

Comment

Working...
                          X