2010 22ve alpha Z tower center flip light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 22ve alpha Z tower center flip light

Hi there, I have an electrical prob of the center flip light on the alpha z (opposite side of the tow rope hook) it is not working, is this a common light to go out, is it as simple as just pulling the light out and putting in new one, are they a common light. I didn't have time to take out and see if there is power to the light I guess that is where I should start first. Let me know if anyone else has had a problem. thanks

Give it a quater turn to the left and the light will pop out. then you will see 2 phillips head srews to unscrew the whole deal.

Comment

it looks like the light itself maybe cracked in the circuit board part of it, works sort of when screws are out, put back in no worky, replacements???

Comment

anybody have ideas where to get a new one, or is it a dealer item? thanks

Comment

Light is still not working or just intermittant, I put a voltmeter across and reads 2.8V when light is turned on, is this correct for this light, I think there is a prob with light but want to verify V first. thanks

Comment

should be 12v to the light
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

great, so now I guess I gotta start chasing the wires. I was really hoping it was the light, thanks for the answer Mike

Comment

Check the voltage at the switch first. If it is 12 volts just run a new wire instead of looking for a problem.

Comment

ok thanks. Ill have to start searching in all the tige touch fuses I guess to find the lights and Ill go from there

Comment

ok guys I need some help pls. I checked the voltage before the flip light and the reading was 12v, when I check it on the bulb side of the light where the wires are soldered on I am only getting 2.8v. Is this right, is there some volt reg. in the light or is the light just shot. thanks

Comment

ok, so I removed the flip light puck and removed the star led, looks like this http://www.oznium.com/1w-led
                      tested it on batt. and fzzzzzzp fried it, so there is definitely some electronics in the puck that werent working as I was getting 12 before entering the puck and .2 after the puck at the light. So I have ordered this 12v light and hopefully will just replace with it. otherwise have to order from tige.

Comment

Originally posted by dukesofhazzard View Post
                        ok, so I removed the flip light puck and removed the star led, looks like this http://www.oznium.com/1w-led
                        tested it on batt. and fzzzzzzp fried it, so there is definitely some electronics in the puck that werent working as I was getting 12 before entering the puck and .2 after the puck at the light. So I have ordered this 12v light and hopefully will just replace with it. otherwise have to order from tige.
                        The light in your link is not a 12 volt light.

Comment

Your right. Crap

Comment

Working...
                          X