Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 ASR PROBLEM INDMAR 550HP

HI GUYS

PLEASE HELP. WE HAVE A 2014 TIGE ASR WITH THE 550 INDMAR ENGINE. WE STARTED THE BOAT AND IDLED ABOUT 200METERS.WE THEN PUT THE BOAT IN NEUTRAL AND CHILLED FOR ABOUT TWO MINUTES. WHEN WE WANTED TO GO FORWARD AND PUSHED THE THROTTLE DOWN THE BOAT DIDNT GO. SAME THING IN REVERSE. TURNED THE BOAT OFF AND THEN IT DIDNT WANT TO START. DIDNT EVEN CRANK. COMPLETELY DEAD. BATTERIES ARE PERFECT. AS WITH A TIGE WHEN YOU TURN THE KEY IT GOES BEEP AND THEN YOU TURN IT A LTTLE MORE AND IT CRANKS. OURS IS MAKING THE BEEP SOUND BUT WHEN YOUR TURN IT MORE THERES NOTHING. NOT EVEN A CLICK SOUND ON THE STARTER MOTOR.

ANY THOUGHTS?

My first thought would be something wrong with your shifter. I've heard of boats not starting if neutral wasn't detected properly. I'd try cycling the throttle to all stops and then jiggle it in neutral while trying to start it, if that doesn't work try looking or feeling behind the throttle panel for a loose connector that may have fallen off.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I tried jiggling it and cycling the throttle forward and back. didn't work,
      Put the diacom on. No codes. Surely the diacom would detect if a sensor behind the throttle has jumped off?

Comment

This does smell like a neutral detection problem.

Comment

There has to be an issue between the throttle and the connection on the transmission I would lift the floor up and cycle the throttle if I remember correctly you should be able to see if the boat is shifting.

Comment

Is there a kill switch? It seems like there were some problems in years past with those.

These posts seem to point to a possible relay?
            http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ht=kill+switch
            http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ht=kill+switch
            Last edited by TeamAllen; 04-13-2015, 12:58 AM.
            Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

thanks for the reply but its the livorsi throttle so its all fly by wire. Wonder if the throttle is faulty

Comment

I am having same issue with my 2014 Z1 and have found other individuals with same issue. What it repaired and how?

Comment

Working...
                X