Amp panel size r20/rzr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amp panel size r20/rzr

I take possession of our r20 in a couple of weeks so I am trying to prep as many of my additions before I actually pick the boat up in order to speed up the install once I get it. I am planning on mounting 2 amps on a board in the standard location under the spotter seat. I would like to go with carpet covered board that is on risers and run all my witing behind it. I've seen a couple of installs like this and it looks super clean. My question is what size board should I cut out to start with that will sit cleanly against the outside wall. The boat has the base stereo package so there is no amps there currently. I know this would be easier if I had the boat in the garage but like I said I'm anxious just to get started. Thanks

So I realize that nobody replied to this , but I figured I would update the group on my progress, because it may help someone else in the future. I ended up going with (2) Alpine PDX amps, because the spec's were good and they are the same size. I have A PDX-V9 for the in boats and the sub, and a PDX-F4 for the tower speakers. I am running 1/0 back to the distribution blocks and everything from there is setup. My board size is 18" high x 22" wide. I based this off of some other pictures of a syn-6 installed in that space. I have 1" riser blocks on the back of it so I can hide the rest of my wires. The boat is tangerine and white, so with the Alpine amps I had the ability to custom paint the trim rings. I pick up the boat April 18th so we'll find out how it fits when I get it home, and I'll post a final install shot.IMG_7103.jpg
    Last edited by 13R20; 03-27-2015, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Looks good man congrats on the boat!!!

Comment

Very nicely done! I look forward to seeing this in the boat. I love a clean install.

Comment

Working...
        X