No announcement yet.

blue sea "add a battery" kit...help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There we go got the better answer from the pro!

Comment

Chpthril - what charger do you Recommend and/or what do you sell? I may be calling soon to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A multi stage smart marine on-board charger thats got ample output for the total Ah and how the boats banks are used.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Pictures make everything much easier! So hook the acr up to the switch on the same posts as the batteries correct? so to run my house stuff like the stereo and such, I would just run some 4 or 2awg to from the house side switch to a buss bar then to whatever I want to run on the house battery? Sorry when it comes to electrical I'm retarded.

Comment

Woops that diagram does have an error I posted up. Your Arc wires go to the opposite posts on the switch not to the battery posts. Sorry for the confusion. Yes run the 4 or 2 from the house side to your buss bar. Just be sure if its very long lenght from the switch to the bus bar to protect it with a properly sized fuse or breaker. I personally put a fuse in on mine to keep me messing something up and burning the boat down.

Comment

Pictures make everything much easier! So hook the acr up to the switch on the same posts as the batteries correct?
              Either is ok as long as a charger IS NOT part of the system. If a charger is part of the system, the ACR needs to be on the boat side of the system so its isolated from the charger when the charger is on and switch is off. For this reason, I always connect the ACR to the boat side of the switch, regardless.

so to run my house stuff like the stereo and such, I would just run some 4 or 2awg to from the house side switch to a buss bar then to whatever I want to run on the house battery?
              Any loads you want to draw from the house bank, connect to the boat side of switch that correlates to the house battery. in your case, I think you are connecting the house battery to post 1B? if so, then all house loads would go to 1A.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Comment

You seem to be on every forum SD... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Greeko View Post
                    Oh, you'd be surprised who you'll find on other forums.....like the MB site

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                      Oh, you'd be surprised who you'll find on other forums.....like the MB site
                      LOL, fair enough..

Comment

Originally posted by Greeko View Post
                        Ha every time I post that pic I make a penny! I think I'm up to a quarter now!

Comment

Originally posted by shawndoggy View Post
                          Ha every time I post that pic I make a penny! I think I'm up to a quarter now!
                          I've seen you post that so many times LOL... I'd think you were an electrician not a Lawyer :P

Comment

Originally posted by Ruger761 View Post
                            It's kind of a pain to mount everything in our lockers. I didn't make it look near as good as chpthril does, but here are a few pics to help you out on that part.

[ATTACH]39515[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39516[/ATTACH]
                            Did you mount both your Start battery and your House battery in the Mid-Cabin locker (fwd of the observer seat?) I am looking to maybe do the same, but I worry about all of the extra wiring that I will need to do regarding the starter and the loss of the minimal space we have on our boats.

Comment

Yes both batteries are in the locker. I mounted the switch close to where the starter wire come up into the locker. That way the original B+ Wire went to the new switch without cutting it. Then made a new wire to go from the starting battery to the switch. Then all you have to do is the new house battery wiring and if you do a new house fuse block.

Keeping it all in the locker makes for easier wiring, but with just me in the boat it does tend to list a little more to that side. That being said I have the amp, anchor, and all life jackets in that locker, so part of the list is me own fault.

Oh forgot also have onboard charger in that locker too.

Comment

It looks like in the pictures, that you mounted the 'Blue Sea' switch in the same locker as the batteries. Did you also put an additional switch back in the aft port locker behind the bulkhead where the start battery was originally located? Just a little confused.

Also, did you use the ACR as well? I didn't see one in your pictures.

Comment

Working...
                                X