Amp selection help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amp selection help

I am brand new to the forum, just put a down payment down on a 2013 R20 and am already planning the stereo upgrade. With the cost of the boat and a baby on the way I am trying to keep costs down to a reasonable level. Here is what I have so far:
    Dual battery setup from Tige
    JL Audio M700/5 - I pulled this out of my current boat and is only a year old so I want to use it
    Kicker KM6500.2 with dual enclosures - I got a steal on these and am going to attempt to plasti dip the enclosures white (perhaps a new thread)
    Base premium stereo with (4) Wet Sounds XS-650's
    Wet Sounds XS-10FA - I purchased this B stock and thought it would be a good starting point since it should require little effort to install

I am thinking that I will use the JL amp bridged for the Kicker tower speakers which will be 200W each @ 4ohm. I will just leave the sub channel empty because it doesn't have enough to power to the XS-10FA. So my question is what amp should I get to for the in boat speakers and sub? For Wet Sounds I see it as either the SYN-4 or the HT-6, they are within $10 of each other on Amazon and would both give me between 100-110W per channel for the in-boats and either 300W or 400W to the sub. If there are any other ones that I am not thinking of please let me know, otherwise I'd be interested to hear advantages of one over the other.
    Thanks,

Given that you already picked up the 10Fa, I would go with the Syn-4 and its 400W rms for a sub. Otherwise, I would use the 700/5 for the 4 in-boats and a sub. Get a mild 12" 4 ohm DVC sub and it will receive 300W. Do that in a nice sealed or ported enclosure and youve got a solid setup. This leaves you to pickup the amp for the KM6500.2. Id suggest the KXM400.4.

Not sure who the 3rd party source through amazon is, but I would recommend purchasing through an authorized retailer. Not only do you get the warranty benefits, but the product support as well.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The HT-6 will do a very nice job of driving the 4 in boats and the sub. I've ran 2 RZR's like that. You will find a pre cut out spot for the sub at the drivers feet under the carpet in the front kick panel.

Like Mike said there really shouldn't be wet sounds stuff on Amazon or Ebay. There was a discussion about this(on WW) a while back and the owner chimed in about it. They are very protective of their prices and dealers. What Tim(the owner of WS) said is that this stuff is being sold out the back door and has no support or warranty. Further if they catch the person selling it the will pull their rights. WS has very strict dealer rules. He also said most of the time the seller doesn't even have the product and try's to buy it only after you have already paid for it.

Comment

actually Wet sounds is an official seller on Amazon. They sell directly to the public via amazon.

Comment

Then it must be at normal WS retail pricing.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replys. I only mentioned Amazon because it was so easy to compare amp specs of all brands. I will likely go right through WS website just to make sure of the legitimacy. One other question between the 2 amps, how much difference in power draw is there with the HT-6 being class D? I would love to avoid adding a third battery

Comment

Since the 4 full range speakers will be driven at about the same wattage as well as the sub will likely be about the same. There will be a small difference between the actual current draw of the Class-D HT-6 and the Class-G/H Syn-4. The Syn-4 will draw more.

If you do not have a local authorized Wet Sounds dealer, I would highly recommend Earmark Marine. They are an authorized online Wet Sounds retailer. If you know exactly what you need, you can purchase right from their site. If you have questions or need assistance, you can contact Odin @ the Lewisville store.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
              X